Last updated: October 6, 2022
These Terms of Service govern your use of the website located at https://www.saltete.com and any related services provided by Saltete.
By accessing https://www.saltete.com, you agree to abide by these Terms of Service and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree with these Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using or accessing this website or using any other services provided by Saltete.
We, Saltete, reserve the right to review and amend any of these Terms of Service at our sole discretion. Upon doing so, we will update this page. Any changes to these Terms of Service will take effect immediately from the date of publication.
Limitations of Use
By using this website, you warrant on behalf of yourself, your users, and other parties you represent that you will not:
- modify, copy, prepare derivative works of, decompile, or reverse engineer any materials and software contained on this website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from any materials and software on this website;
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server;
- knowingly or negligently use this website or any of its associated services in a way that abuses or disrupts our networks or any other service Saltete provides;
- use this website or its associated services to transmit or publish any harassing, indecent, obscene, fraudulent, or unlawful material;
- use this website or its associated services in violation of any applicable laws or regulations;
- use this website in conjunction with sending unauthorized advertising or spam;
- harvest, collect, or gather user data without the user’s consent; or
- use this website or its associated services in such a way that may infringe the privacy, intellectual property rights, or other rights of third parties.
The intellectual property in the materials contained in this website are owned by or licensed to Saltete and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. We grant our users permission to access and use the website.
This constitutes the grant of a license, not a transfer of title. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions or the Terms of Service, and may be terminated by Saltete at any time.
Posting Content on Saltete
You own what you create. Any original content you post, upload, or otherwise provide to Saltete remains yours and is protected by copyright and any other applicable intellectual property laws.
Anything posted, uploaded, or otherwise provided through Saltete is referred to as a "Post" in these Terms. There are a few rules that apply to all Posts:
- Limited License to Saltete: In order to display your Posts on Saltete, and to allow other users to see them, you grant us certain rights in your Posts:
- You hereby grant Saltete a license to translate, modify, reproduce, and otherwise act with respect to your Posts to enable us to provide, improve, and notify you about new features within Saltete. You understand and agree that we may need to make changes to your Posts to conform and adapt those Posts to the technical requirements of networks, devices, services, or media, and this license includes the rights to do so. For example, we may need to modify your guide to make sure it is viewable on different devices.
- If you publish Posts for sale or create Posts that are public, then you grant us the license above, as well as a license to display, perform, and distribute these Posts. You also grant all other users of Saltete a license to access the Post, and to use and exercise all rights in it, as permitted by the functionality of Saltete.
- You agree that the licenses you grant are royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and worldwide. This is a license only – your ownership in Posts is not affected.
- If you publish Posts for sale on Saltete, you further agree that these limited licenses include a worldwide, nonexclusive, sublicensable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, transferable right (a) to market your guides and to permit others to use and access your guides through Saltete, and (b) to use your tradename(s), trademark(s), and logo(s) in connection with the distribution and marketing of guides.
We reserve the right to remove any content from Saltete at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, if someone alleges you contributed that content in violation of these Terms), in our sole discretion, and without notice.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy covers the products, services, and technologies (collectively referred to as the “Products”) provided by Saltete under any ongoing agreement. It’s designed to protect us, our customers, and the general Internet community from unethical, irresponsible, and illegal activity.
Saltete customers found engaging in activities prohibited by this acceptable use policy can be liable for service suspension and account termination. In extreme cases, we may be legally obliged to report such customers to the relevant authorities.
We are opposed to all forms of abuse, discrimination, rights infringement, and/or any action that harms or disadvantages any group, individual, or resource. We expect our customers and, where applicable, their users (“end-users”) to likewise engage our Products with similar intent.
We regard our customers as being responsible for their own actions as well as for the actions of anyone using our Products with the customer’s permission. This responsibility also applies to anyone using our Products on an unauthorized basis as a result of the customer’s failure to put in place reasonable security measures.
By accepting Products from us, our customers agree to ensure adherence to this policy on behalf of anyone using the Products as their end users. Complaints regarding the actions of customers or their end-users will be forwarded to the nominated contact for the account in question.
If a customer — or their end-user or anyone using our Products as a result of the customer — violates our acceptable use policy, we reserve the right to terminate any Products associated with the offending account or the account itself or take any remedial or preventative action we deem appropriate, without notice. To the extent permitted by law, no credit will be available for interruptions of service resulting from any violation of our acceptable use policy.
Copyright infringement and access to unauthorized material
Our Products must not be used to transmit, distribute or store any material in violation of any applicable law. This includes but isn’t limited to:
- any material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and
- any material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat or violates export control laws.
The customer is solely responsible for all material they input, upload, disseminate, transmit, create or publish through or on our Products, and for obtaining legal permission to use any works included in such material.
SPAM and unauthorized message activity
Our Products must not be used for the purpose of sending unsolicited bulk or commercial messages in violation of the laws and regulations applicable to your jurisdiction (“spam”). This includes but isn’t limited to sending spam, soliciting customers from spam sent from other service providers, and collecting replies to spam sent from other service providers.
Our Products must not be used for the purpose of running unconfirmed mailing lists or telephone number lists (“messaging lists”). This includes but isn’t limited to subscribing email addresses or telephone numbers to any messaging list without the permission of the email address or telephone number owner, and storing any email addresses or telephone numbers subscribed in this way. All messaging lists run on or hosted by our Products must be “confirmed opt-in”. Verification of the address or telephone number owner’s express permission must be available for the lifespan of the messaging list.
We prohibit the use of email lists, telephone number lists or databases purchased from third parties intended for spam or unconfirmed messaging list purposes on our Products.
This spam and unauthorized message activity policy applies to messages sent using our Products, or to messages sent from any network by the customer or any person on the customer’s behalf, that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via our Products.
Unethical, exploitative, and malicious activity
Our Products must not be used for the purpose of advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service designed to violate this acceptable use policy, or the acceptable use policy of other service providers. This includes but isn’t limited to facilitating the means to send spam and the initiation of network sniffing, pinging, packet spoofing, flooding, mail-bombing, and denial-of-service attacks.
Our Products must not be used to access any account or electronic resource where the group or individual attempting to gain access does not own or is not authorized to access the resource.
Our Products must not be used for the purpose of intentionally or recklessly introducing viruses or malicious code into our Products and systems.
Our Products must not be used for purposely engaging in activities designed to harass another group or individual. Our definition of harassment includes but is not limited to denial-of-service attacks, hate-speech, advocacy of racial or ethnic intolerance, and any activity intended to threaten, abuse, infringe upon the rights of, or discriminate against any group or individual.
Other activities considered unethical, exploitative, and malicious include:
- Obtaining (or attempting to obtain) services from us with the intent to avoid payment;
- Using our facilities to obtain (or attempt to obtain) services from another provider with the intent to avoid payment;
- The unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction (or any attempt thereof) of any information about our customers or end-users, by any means or device;
- Using our facilities to interfere with the use of our facilities and network by other customers or authorized individuals;
- Publishing or transmitting any content of links that incite violence, depict a violent act, depict child pornography, or threaten anyone’s health and safety;
- Any act or omission in violation of consumer protection laws and regulations;
- Any violation of a person’s privacy.
Unauthorized use of Saltete property
We prohibit the impersonation of Saltete, the representation of a significant business relationship with Saltete, or ownership of any Saltete property (including our Products and brand) for the purpose of fraudulently gaining service, custom, patronage, or user trust.
About this acceptable use policy
This policy outlines a non-exclusive list of activities and intent we deem unacceptable and incompatible with our brand.
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time by publishing the revised version on our website.
Our website and the materials on our website are provided on an 'as is' basis. To the extent permitted by law, Saltete makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property, or other violation of rights.
In no event shall Saltete or its suppliers be liable for any consequential loss suffered or incurred by you or any third party arising from the use or inability to use this website or the materials on this website, even if Saltete or an authorized representative has been notified, orally or in writing, of the possibility of such damage.
In the context of this agreement, “consequential loss” includes any consequential loss, indirect loss, real or anticipated loss of profit, loss of benefit, loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of savings, loss of reputation, loss of use and/or loss or corruption of data, whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity, or otherwise.
Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Accuracy of Materials
The materials appearing on our website are not comprehensive and are for general information purposes only. Saltete does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on this website, or otherwise relating to such materials or on any resources linked to this website.
Saltete has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, approval, or control by Saltete of the site. Use of any such linked site is at your own risk and we strongly advise you make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of those sites.
Right to Terminate
We may suspend or terminate your right to use our website and terminate these Terms of Service immediately upon written notice to you for any breach of these Terms of Service.
Any term of these Terms of Service which is wholly or partially void or unenforceable is severed to the extent that it is void or unenforceable. The validity of the remainder of these Terms of Service is not affected.
These Terms of Service are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Delaware. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.